Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Master Stroke

As we celebrate Teacher's Day today as a tribute to the legendary S Radhakrishnan, it's a good time to remember all the other teachers who played a vital role in transforming students over the period of time. I say, on life's empty canvass, teachers paint bold strokes that help students come out in flying colours.
The first person who comes to my mind when we talk about teacher is my mother, I truly believe that mothers are the first inspiration & also the first source of learning for a child. The lifestyle and the habits that a child develops eventually depend a lot upon the interest of a mother. Hence, mother is the first teacher who has all the capacity to transform a child into a responsible individual. On this day I thank my mom for all the support she extended towards me & remember all the things that were taught by her which influenced me throughout. I know you will also agree, so thank your mom.
The teacher whom I'd remember the most on this day is Dr.S. RamaMohan Rao, who was the principal of Ushodaya Jr. College, Vizag, the college where I studied my intermediate course(+2). I am glad that he was an ultimate source of inspiration, it was he who made me understand the true meaning of responsibility. He is a perfectionist by himself and always tried to help me understand the importance of perfection in any given aspect. I express my sincere gratitude to him on the ocassion of Teacher's Day.
As we keep moving ahead in life, we might meet many people who impact our decisions and might also change the direction of the path in which we are moving. I refer all such individuals to great teachers. Teachers can turn leaders, but not all leaders can be good teachers. A teacher need not be a person that you see in your college or school, it can be anyone around you. The guidance of a teacher is as important as your goal, because it is that piece of guidance that gives you confidence to strive hard towards achieving your goal. Never miss out on thanking those individuals who are teachers for your life who made a difference in the way you look and learn things. Keep going!!!

5 comments:

anupama said...

Bunny, nice article ra
really surprising, i did not expect this, so i should thank you, as you also fall into the list of my teachers
keep going
love you

anupama said...

hi ra

anupama said...

hey include more photographs, i think it will be more colourful and interesting

anupama said...

keep updating the site

Divya Prathima said...

i completely agree on what u've said,.....u've done a brilliant job. But, frm my point of view and for me, my DAD has been my Truest Teacher,.. Well, there r a few reasons to this, he taught me to be a performer and feel like a star at the tender age of 3 and a 1/2 years by makin me a dancer, at 9 yrs he brought out my hidden talent in music n gave me new life, at 11 yrs he made me a professional in computers....he taught me all that i needed to live my life by 14 yrs and on the 15th year of my life.....he left me to lead my family.........here i am at 17yrs heading my family and a whole society of the poor, leading the music in church and inspiring hundreds..........what more can a teacher do than teaching a person "HOW TO LIVE"?